We recommend that an initial meeting take place either at our offices or onsite to discuss your requirements and design aspirations, we recommend the following will be discussed: –
- Planning policies which may affect the design.
- Clients budget in relation to design expectations
- Possible solutions to any issues that may arise
Sketch scheme/Feasibility study
This service is offered to establish:-
- Initial Design Meeting to discuss the client’s requirements and interpret the design aspirations.
- The best use or potential for any given building or site that a client may have.
- Interpret individual design briefs and produce detailed sketch proposals illustrating the potential design solutions.
- Budget costs ascertained
Full measured survey
In order to be able to progress with the design it is imperative that the drawings are accurate, therefore a Digital Survey is carried out. These surveys will provide the basis for all design drawings and a at a later stage the detailed design drawings.
- A Full measured Building Survey: a digital survey consisting of plans, elevations, sectional drawing will be produced
- A full Topographical digital Survey: digital survey of the land and surrounding features (eg ground level changes, shrubs, trees, other building heights and ground levels etc).
- Once the principle and scale of development have been established this is where a detailed set of design drawings along with other statutory information is prepared for Local Authority submission. Invariably we would be part and generally the lead role in the design team. The statutory period for any Planning Application is between 8-13 weeks, however this will be dependent on the Local Authority and size and complexity of the project
- Following the submission, we will monitor the application and liaise with the planning officer as required
Building Regulations drawings
- Building Regulation Drawings are developed to produce detailed drawings for submission to Building Control for statutory approval.
- Full Plans Building Regulation Submission: We can submit for ‘full plans’ approval under the building regulations to the Local Authority or an Approved Building Inspector company.
- Liaison with other professionals: We will liaise with other professional advisors, such as Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, Aboriculturalists, M&E consultants, Public Health consultants, Energy Specialists, Party Wall Surveyors, Building Control Inspectors and any other professional deemed necessary for the satisfactory completion of the work.
- We will suggest suitable building contractors for your specific project, selected on their suitability for the size and scope of the project, for either negotiating a contract value or inclusion in the tendering process.
- We will Produce Tender Packs and distribute Tender documents to selected contractors.
- We will check returned Tender documents and advise clients accordingly. There may also be some negotiating with contractors as required.
Following the completion of the tendering process and the success appointment of a building contractor, the Construction drawings will be issued. We can oversee the contract for you, acting as a ‘contract administrator’ or just as and when required to check the contractors work and progress. There are various options for our involvement at this stage.
- Preparing contract documents and acting as contract administrator
- Regular site inspections, advising client of quality and progress being made by the contractor.
- Issuing instructions, variations if required, and interim payment certificates to contractors
- Inspection of completed works and preparing snagging lists as required.
- Issuing the Final Certificate
- Issuing of Certificate following the end of the defects liability period